Happy 1st day of 2012 everyone.
I always prefer the beginning of a new year as it’s hopes and dreams have yet to be dash on the rocks of reality yet… it is still full of hope, wonder and optimism.
I typically don’t do the whole resolution thing, I have set goals that I work towards all the time and in reality a new year is just a time for me to reaffirm those goals and the path I’m taking to achieve them, with that said here are my top expectations and goals for the new year.
- Finish Paramedic School – It won’t be enough for me to just finish (not that that isn’t an achievement in and of itself) but to finish school with a job offer from the service that runs the program… anything less will be failure in my mind.
- FINALLY quit smoking for good… There I said it in public even so I can’t take it back now.
- Start taking more time for ME – exercise and more trips to the mountains, I need to find a better balance between work, school, family and personal stuff – somehow I always put myself last
- Find a way to step up into some sort of leadership position within EMS – either as a teacher, or mentor or even with NAEMT to help spread what EMS is capable of and help us get to where we want to be
- To post more regularly here – It’s a great release for me and really helps keep my stress level down
- An end to 10 years of struggle – fingers crossed
- Advocacy – More of us need to be part of the solution
- To write at least one article for publication in either JEMS or EMS World – Several of you have suggested it, I just haven’t listened – I hear you now – I’ll give it a go at some point
I keep hitting enter like I’m going to keep adding to the list, but those are already pretty lofty goals for a year that’s going to end the world in December…
How about you – What are your top resolutions oe expectations for the coming year – feel free to share them below.